Friday, February 1, 2008

Low Light Shooting




I just so happend to live in San Diego that I get lucky enough to get photo shots like this. If you saw the tutorial videos that Bob Krist does for Nikon, Understanding Digital Photography, Low Light Shooting, you might recongize this photo. His lesson in low lighting situtions really was good advice. This is just one of about thrity shots that I took.
ISO: 800 Exposure: 1.8 sec Aperture: f/8.0 Focal Length: 18mm Flash Used: No


Anyways I hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

Simon SC said...

That's a really good shot right there! Any helpful tips for me? I rarely shoot at night because I suck at manual exposures!

Unknown said...

Simon, I used Aperture priority for most of these shots. I used these settings
ISO: 800
Exposure: 1.8 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 18mm
I also use manual mode, with a remote and let the shuter stay open for 10-15 seconds. Played around with WB using different settings, like direct sunlight. Hope that helps a little.

Simon SC said...

It's that white balance then that gave it that nice colour.

Thanks for the settings tip. I have a (hacked) remote and I'll try it one time.

Unknown said...

Yes most likely that is why to colors came out the way they did. Good Luck with remote.